Hi,

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 12:10:42PM -0700, Dima Pasechnik wrote:

> > Strange, well, I created a firewall rule blocking that IP for now and
> > everything seems to be fine.
> >

> Does this mean that we need some robots.txt somewhere, perhaps after some
> restructuring,
> which would protect expensive resources from this sort of overload?

If the "culprit" host does not announce itself as a friendly bot (look at
the webserver access logs), i doubt it will kindly follow what is
suggested in robots.txt. Firewalling is the way to go, it is at the lowest
level, hence much lighter than application-level solutions (.htaccess or
whatever).

Ciao,
Thierry