The bug also shows up with
{{{
sage: a = matrix(QQ, 1)
sage: a.randomize()
sage: del a
sage: import gc
sage: gc.collect()
}}}

On 11/05/2017 11:55, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
given libpthread being involved, I guess it might have to do with GIL vs
NOGIL stuff...

On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 10:50:39 AM UTC+1, vdelecroix wrote:

Dear all,

While working on [1] I stumbled on a strange segfault. Namely, with the
branch applied I got

{{{
sage: a = matrix(QQ, 1)
sage: a.randomize()
sage: quit
Exiting Sage (CPU time 0m1.48s, Wall time 0m5.80s).
.../cysignals/signals.so
.../cysignals/signals.so
.../cysignals/signals.so
.../libpthread.so.0
.../libpython2.7.so.1.0
.../sage/misc/randstate.so
<snip>
Unhandled SIGSEGV: A segmentation fault occurred.
}}}

I indeed modified the randomization method to use flint random
generators, you can have a look at commits [2] and [3]. But I don't
understand at all where the error might come from.

Any help would be more than welcome!

  [1] https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/22970
  [2]

https://git.sagemath.org/sage.git/commit?id=b52e2c347a28b301485c6cc5bb221873ca5ac636