This might also be of interest. I have written for example a docstring

"Return True if the lattice is sectionally complemented, and False otherwise.

A lattice is sectionally complemented if all intervals from the bottom element interpreted as sublattices are complemented lattices."

However, in the index I use

is_sectionally_complemented() | Return True if every interval from the bottom
is complemented.
is_cosectionally_complemented() | Return True if every interval to the top is
complemented.

etc, when possible. I think it has slightly more information, as

is_sectionally_complemented() -> Return True if the lattice is sectionally
complemented

sounds informationless explanation. What others think about this?

(Of course this only works when there a short explanation is possible; more often it is not.)

--
Jori Mäntysalo