The successful launch with my built of sage with python3 seems well
explained by John.

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 5:37:10 PM UTC+2, Frédéric Chapoton wrote

> The road towards a full python3 sage is still quite long, and my
> motivation gets weaker, as it seems that not so many people care about that.

This is painful.

A novice question about design: do we aim to make sage (1) "buildable
either with python2 or with python3"  or (2) "runnable either with python2
or with python3". Am I clear enough? If (2), then you build once and then
sage can be run with either python2 or with python3. I prefer (2), but I
don't know which is easier to achieve.