On 2017-06-10 08:24, 'Martin R' via sage-devel wrote:
the problem was, if I remember correctly, that the way
sphinx for sage is set up, sage is not a single project.

This has nothing to do with what I wrote about. There are essentially two main ways how Sphinx-in-Sage differs from vanilla Sphinx:

1. Sphinx-in-Sage builds the documentation in pieces and then merges it as one document.

2. Sphinx-in-Sage has lots of customization to deal with Cython code.

My post was about 2, not 1.