On Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 3:10:22 PM UTC+2, Nathan Dunfield wrote:

> but of course the Mac Mini has only 2 cores.

For the record, our OSX buildbot is a quad-core mac mini (i7-3720QM CPU @
2.60GHz).

CPU-wise its actually reasonable, but the box is just too small. Fan goes
crazy if you actually compute something, and no space for disks. On the
plus side, it looks good on your desk when idle.

I did build a hackintosh for fun from some spare parts that I had lying
around (i.e. faster cpu, more memory, bigger harddisk) than the mac mini.
It takes some fiddling to get it working. Tough at the end of the day I
still don't like OSX that much, too much eye candy and not enough work
horse.