On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 10:14:30 PM UTC+12, François Bissey wrote:

> Well after realising that in its current state #12426/#22646/#23046
> would at least let me try to build sage with the intel compiler,
> I just did go ahead and got myself an open source license.
>
> On top of the above tickets I had to patch _2_ packages to finish the
> build.
> * sqlite [icc has all the pragma to pass itself for gcc 6.3.0 (the
> installed version of gcc) but miss some builtin of said version]
> * openblas [assembly problem, fixed upstream but not in a stable release]
>
> The build had a hiccup while building the documentation. Several
> backtraces in ecl and then it hung. But after restarting the build
> everything finished without trouble.
>
> doctesting results:
> sage -t --long src/sage/schemes/elliptic_curves/ell_rational_field.py  #
> 17 doctests failed
> sage -t --long src/sage/rings/qqbar.py  # 1 doctest failed
> sage -t --long src/sage/symbolic/expression.pyx  # 1 doctest failed
> sage -t --long src/sage/modular/abvar/abvar.py  # 1 doctest failed
> sage -t --long src/sage/groups/perm_gps/cubegroup.py  # 3 doctests failed
> sage -t --long src/sage/modular/hecke/submodule.py  # 1 doctest failed
> sage -t --long src/sage/lfunctions/sympow.py  # 13 doctests failed
> sage -t --long src/sage/libs/pari/tests.py  # 2 doctests failed
> sage -t --long src/sage/libs/lcalc/lcalc_Lfunction.pyx  # 1 doctest failed
> sage -t --long src/sage/rings/real_double.pyx  # 7 doctests failed
> sage -t --long src/sage/tests/french_book/float_doctest.py  # 1 doctest
> failed
> ———————————————————————————————————
> * sympow is broken [at least 30 doctests above] not really surprising.
> * some problems in pari/cypari
> * quite a bit of numerical noise
>
> Overall surprisingly good results.

icc over-optimise pari and sympow. pari fails its test suite if compiled
with -O2 or -O3. At -O1 it pass it test suite
and sage doctests failure related to pari go away.
sympow needs to be compiled at -O0. The only level, where as far as I can
tell, something like -ffp-contract=on
is enforced.
With these two adjustments all the remaining doctest failure are numerical
noise except for one, which I am not
sure of. Could be a form of numerical noise.
doctest failure left:
sage -t --long src/sage/symbolic/expression.pyx  # 1 doctest failed
sage -t --long src/sage/groups/perm_gps/cubegroup.py  # 3 doctests failed
sage -t --long src/sage/libs/lcalc/lcalc_Lfunction.pyx  # 1 doctest failed
sage -t --long src/sage/rings/real_double.pyx  # 7 doctests failed
sage -t --long src/sage/tests/french_book/float_doctest.py  # 1 doctest
failed

with the peculiar being:
File "src/sage/rings/real_double.pyx", line 2296, in
sage.rings.real_double.RealDoubleElement.arccos
Failed example:
   i.arccos() == q
Expected:
   True