> As one who added the latest of the tickets with milestone sage-feature, I
> want to enliven them. As I see it, a sage-feature ticket intends to provide
> a sage feature branch that is not appropriate to be merged to Sage through
> the normal review process, but still useful to the people interested in the
> feature it provides. I guess many Sage users/developers keep such feature
> branches just to their private repos.
>
> Currently there are not many of them. I counted them 65. Many just
> describes the intention but contains no branch (no code). If there is code,
> it is often bitrotten, fails to merge to the current sage, or lacks
> documentation. To encourage people to contribute their feature branches and
> keep the code healthy, I suggest:
>
> 1. Add a new ticket status "needs_feedback". This is a status between
> "new" and "needs_review".
> 2. Let patchbots test sage-feature tickets in needs_feedback status.
> Currently patchbots refuse to test tickets in sage-feature milestone.
> 3. Advertise available sage feature branches at somewhere visible.
>
> in the order of priority.
>
> -1 as it complicates things for something that would likely not be used
(IMO). As Jeroen said, you can get set it to "needs_review" and mention in
a comment that it is just for the patchbot. I also don't see the point of
advertising a partially implemented feature. I think you should try to get
it to a proper needs review state or leave it as new and add people to cc
that you want to look at it.

Best,
Travis