On Thu, 31 Aug 2017, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:

the main problem is that 32-bit Windows applications have a user address space limited to just 2 GB (or 3 GB with a special boot flag). This is in fact not enough to fit all of Sage into memory at once.

Is this still true by default with PAE enabled?

Do you know how this compares to 32-bit Linux? I would expect a similar limit there.

Isn't that just CONFIG_PAGE_OFFSET, which defaults to 3GB, but can be changed when configuring kernel before compilation (at least manually, I think that make menuconfig has only options for 2 GB and 3 GB)?

--
Jori Mäntysalo