Reimer Behrends has helped me track down the explicit issue. We don't have
a patch yet, but the bug (and solution) is described here [1].

Basically the M4 macro JMPENT in mpn/x86_64/x86_64-defs.mac needs to do
more than just subtract the two addresses on Mac. However, I'm confused why
this isn't affecting every 64 bit Skylake Mac out there. But his has only
been reported twice! Are Skylake Macs really rare or something?

Bill.

[1] https://gmplib.org/list-archives/gmp-bugs/2012-December/002836.html