On 12/09/2017 22:00, Erik Bray wrote:
On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 9:59 PM, Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 7:35:11 PM UTC+1, vdelecroix wrote:

On 12/09/2017 20:32, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
ah, right, do not use git://,  use
the same thing, g...@trac.sagemath.org:sage.git, for both push and fetch.

We should not force a user to upload her ssh key on trac in order to
pull a branch.

Oh well, trac's git does not support http, AFAIK. Or perhaps does not have
it enabled.
Erik would know...

It has *never* supported read-only access via HTTP or HTTPS.

Perhaps I was wrong in my claim about protocls. There are the two following possibilities to configure access to the git server

trac1    git://trac.sagemath.org/sage.git
trac2    g...@trac.sagemath.org:sage.git

As far as I used to think 1) is http and 2) is ssh (I might be wrong here). What I am sure about and has been reported by Frédéric is that:

   *trac1 used to work but does not work anymore*

Vincent