On Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 3:27:06 PM UTC-8, William wrote:

> Does anybody know how to actually use Sage on it?  I tried making an
> account, but Sage wasn't available...  It also has only 1GB disk, so I
> couldn't figure out how to build Sage.

Obviously, you're not the target audience (not being at a canadian
university). The default set-up sadly does not have sage available. We have
run successfully a course using sage on it, but it required setting up a
separate docker image. Oddly enough, the *size* of the docker images
becomes a problem when sage is included: it causes startup of the VMs to be
very slow, so until that problem is solved, sage is not included in the
standard deployment. I am not the sysadmin for these things, so I don't
know exactly what's the problem. My information is only second hand.

Presently, if a participating university wants to run a course using sage,
they can contact PIMS to get a more customized solution.