On Mar 2, 2018 01:00, "Erik Bray" <erik.m.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm not sure what "git trac config" does. If you've configured your SSH key
then there's nothing else to do but push branches. There's nothing to use a
username or password for.

Oh I see now. This is Sage's git extensions for creating tickets on Sage's
Trac server. I forgot about this since I haven't used it, but I can see how
it's convenient.

The GitHub authentication doesn't know anything about your GitHub password.
You'll notice that you (probably, unless you needed to log into GitHub)
never provided your GitHub password. Instead you just authorize Sage's Trac
site to use your existing GitHub credentials to authorize you.

So the "git trac" commands won't currently work with this I guess, though I
could make that work. In the meantime you can always create tickets through
the web interface and use the normal "git push" command to push branches.
The only thing "git trac" needs any additional credentials for is creating
and updating Trac tickets from the command line.