On Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 1:17:40 AM UTC+9, mmarco wrote:

> Thanks, I finally could solve it with a dirty hack:
>
> I put the nbextensions inside /usr/local/share/jupyter/hub/static/

I did the same.

> jupyterhub does serve files that are located there

Right, at /hub/static/. So I used the apache directives like

ProxyPass /nbextensions/jsmol/     my_domain:8000/hub/static/jsmol/

> and patched sage to serve those file from /static/... instead of
> /nbextensions/...

If sage is patched to find the resources from /static/... instead of
/nbextensions/..., then I could write

ProxyPass /static/jsmol/     my_domain:8000/hub/static/jsmol/

This looks cleaner. I suggest you to make a ticket for your patch.