Hi,

in #24655 I am working on docker images of Sage. One thing I am trying to
achieve is to make the images smaller than they currently are. (I am now at
577MB with all doctests passing.)

I assume that the `micro_release` target of our Makefile is meant for that
purpose: drop everything that is not essential to running Sage. But I am
not sure, maybe somebody is using this in their workflow for some other
purposes and if I change that target their workflow might break now? If you
are currently relying on `micro_release`, please have a look at the
proposed changed at https://gitlab.com/saraedum/sage/blob/ci/Makefile#L90
and comment on #25655.

cheers,
julian