Le jeudi 29 mars 2018 18:18:09 UTC+2, Paul Mercat a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I've tried to compile sage-8.1 on a linux server, and I get
> the following error:
>
> Error building Sage.
>
> How can I solve this problem ?

What version of Linux is this server running?
Did other versions of Sage compile successfully on it?
Are all the prerequisites installed, including gfortran?

For example in Ubuntu, prior to building Sage, one can run

    sudo apt install binutils gcc g++ gfortran make m4 perl tar git

or, for more functionality in Sage and some of its packages,

    sudo apt install binutils gcc g++ gfortran make m4 perl tar git \
      openssl libssl-dev texlive texlive-latex-extras dvipng ffmpeg \
      imagemagick tk tk-dev libcurl-dev perl-tk