http://scip.zib.de/academic.txt

"""
1. This license applies to you only if you are a member of a noncommercial
   and academic institution, e.g., a university. The license expires as
   soon as you are no longer a member of this institution.
"""

So basically these acedemics, I imagine funded with taxpayers' money, are
preventing the general public to use software they paid for?

Talk about ivory tower...