HI,

Le lundi 9 juillet 2018 12:53:24 UTC+2, Kwankyu Lee a écrit :

> Consulting
>
> https://matplotlib.org/users/dflt_style_changes.html
>
> we may keep specifically only the math font of the classic style by:
>
> mpl.rcParams['mathtext.fontset'] = 'cm'
> mpl.rcParams['mathtext.rm'] = 'serif'
>
> and adopt the default matplotlib-2 style generally.

Indeed this would be a good solution. Without it, the math output is really
ugly, as shown in this example.
<https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/23696#comment:111>
IIRC, this was the main reason to set the default style to 'classic' while
upgrading to Matplotlib 2.1.
Let me stress that when using Jupyter notebooks with %display latex, it is
nice to have exactly the same fonts in legend labels of plots as in MathJax
outputs.

Best wishes,

Eric.