On the topic of error messages, I would like to add that this issue has
almost singlehandedly prevented any of my mathematics and physics
professors from using Sage or Cocalc in a classroom setting. This of course
doesn't say anything about whether they would consider using it for their
own research, and a few of them have certainly considered it and one
actualy did use it fairly extensively. However, if we do value students
using Sage, I think it would go a long way towards making it "classroom
ready" if the error messages were at all sensible from a user perspective.