Hi,

I also posted in sage-support, but I thought I would also post here for
further help. Below is the problem:

I recently installed sage from source code and everything was fine. Then,
later, when I was trying to test out some code, sage wouldn't run and I got
this error

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/Users/Jeremy/sage-8.2/src/bin/sage-ipython", line 9, in <module>

    from sage.misc.banner import banner

  File
"/Users/Jeremy/sage-8.2/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/misc/banner.py",
line 16, in <module>

    from sage.env import SAGE_VERSION, SAGE_DATE, SAGE_SRC, SAGE_BANNER

  File
"/Users/Jeremy/sage-8.2/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/env.py",
line 24, in <module>

    from . import version

I ended up running "make distclean && make" to try to just start over and I
still get the same error:

[sagelib-8.2] Traceback (most recent call last):

[sagelib-8.2]   File "setup.py", line 56, in <module>

[sagelib-8.2]     import sage.env

[sagelib-8.2]   File "/Users/Jeremy/sage-8.2/src/sage/env.py", line 24, in
<module>

[sagelib-8.2]     from . import version

[sagelib-8.2] ImportError: cannot import name version

I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find out how to fix this. Any
help would be appreciated!

Some info: I am on a Macbook Air running OS X El Capitan.

Thanks,

Jeremy