On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 9:57 AM Kwankyu Lee <ekwan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder why help on a method does not show the signature:

It's not because it's a method.  It's because it's a Cythonized
built-in method, for which it's not possible to introspect the
signature.  This is a known issue not  in Sage or even IPython, but
with Python.  Jeroen in particular has been working hard to fix it.
In the meantime I don't know that there's a satisfactory workaround
(some kind of Sage-specific solution using decorators to attach
signature documentation to methods might be a good idea, as would be
parsing it out of the docstring, though neither of these have been
implemented to my knowledge).