On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 02:27:13PM +0200, Thierry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on the way to upgrading networkx, i noticed that the source code contains
> tests, but we do not ship any spkg-check script for that (yet).
>
> However, the check process requires nose, which is an optional package
> (note that networkx is standard). Is there a way to declare "check
> dependencies" (e.g. after a second | or whatever symbol), or should i
> hardcode some message within the spkg-check if it is not installed ?
>
> Would it make sense to make nose standard so that exporting SPKG_CHECK=yes
> does not breaks everything ?
On https://nose.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ one reads:

Note to Users
Nose has been in maintenance mode for the past several years and will likely
cease without a new person/team to take over maintainership. New projects
should consider using Nose2, py.test, or just plain unittest/unittest2.

IMHO we don't want such legacy things as standard...

Dima