On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 3:19 PM John Cremona <john.crem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Nov 2018 at 13:21, Vincent Delecroix <20100.delecr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> > We could tell people to type
>> >
>> >      sage: !sage -n jupyter
>>
>>      sage: !jupyter notebook
>>
>> is simpler and more direct
>

> -- that works for me, but shutting it down is problematical.  After logging
> out of browser windows I do Ctrl-C in the sage session window and it freezes,
> I have to kill the window.  Not a big problem but a bit disconcerting.

I think making `notebook()` work properly with Jupyter is still the
easiest and most user-friendly (as well as backwards-compatible with
older Sages).  If someone would open a ticket and assign it to me I
can make that work.

It might take a little bit of fancy footwork for it to work well.  For
example, I think it might help if notebook() returned an object that
allowed interaction with the notebook process (e.g.
stopping/restarting it; checking its logs).