Le 20/12/2018 à 17:40, Vincent Delecroix a écrit :
My use case is that I have one billion of number field elements that
I want to plot. That goes through __float__ that calls
numerical_approx that goes through conversion to MPFR real field.

Considering my use case, I know how to make it faster (implement
__float__ on nf elements). Though I thought I would also make the
general real floating point conversion faster and I failed.

for Python floats see #26927 (needs review).

But I still have no clue on how to achieve what I want for MPFR
floating points (#26925). Which was the object of my question on
sage-devel.