On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 at 09:51, jplab <jeanphilippela...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Thierry,
>
> I have to solve polynomial systems of equations on a regular basis and
> would be happy to see sage improve in this respect.
>
> My strategy is to use numerical algorithms.

another approach is via sum of squares (sos) relaxations (Lasserre’s).
So an essential ingredient is an SDP solver, and this is already in Sage
(the only backend is not a very fast one
though) I also have some draft code for sos building of SDPs.

> There is Bertini (I glued together my own customized interface to it 4-5
> years ago). They now migrated to C code and are available on github:
>
> https://github.com/bertiniteam/b2

great, it seems they finally went properly open-source!
Would be good to hook it up in Sage...

Dima