Le mardi 29 janvier 2019 10:29:43 UTC+1, Samuel Lelievre a écrit :

> Sun 2019-01-27 14:23:08 UTC+1, Frédéric Chapoton:
> >

> > STATEMENT: I would to advocate that *every developer switch to python3
> NOW*.
> >

> > Please vote!
>
> Strong +1 from me.

+1 from me too.

Many, many thanks to you Frédéric, and the small team who got involved,
> for your efforts on getting Sage Python 3 ready.

A big +1 !

I have been using the
> Python 3 version exclusively for a while now and enjoying it a lot.

+1
As a side note, let me point that the manifold examples posted at
https://sagemanifolds.obspm.fr/examples.html
work like a charm with Python 3 (I've tested a selected sample and they all
work, including those involving SymPy, without any modification).

> I would also encourage all developers (and users) to use their `init.sage`
> to help use Python3 habits even whey working with Python2-based Sage.
>
> Here is my `init.sage`, suggestions welcome:
>

> https://github.com/slel/sagemath-tips/blob/master/init-dot-sage/init.sage
>
> In particular it forces me to always use Python3-style print!

Thanks for sharing.

Eric.