On 2019-02-26 14:44, Kwankyu Lee wrote:
My question is: why should I use `ModuleElement` instead of just `Element`?

If I use `Element`, the scalar multiplication is not detected by the
coercion system. So I am forced to use `ModuleElement`.

Since my parent is in the category of modules over QQ, then I think
elements of the parent should be automatically treated as module
elements, and using `Element` should just be ok.

What do you think?

I think that you are 100% right but that (as with many things) it is the way it is for historical reasons and it hasn't bothered anyone sufficiently much to change it.