Hi Volker,

I don't think there should be a release candidate at least until most
of the blocker issues [1] are resolved; in particular the four that
are already either positively reviewed or are in-progress.

Thanks

[1]
https://trac.sagemath.org/query?priority=blocker&status=needs_info&status=needs_review&status=needs_work&status=new&status=positive_review&milestone=sage-8.7&group=status&col=id&col=summary&col=priority&col=owner&col=type&col=component&col=time&order=priority