On 3/23/19 11:29 AM, mmarco wrote:
> The proposal of not using abs_integrate by default, and provide the
> option of using it it with an algorithm keyword seems the most logical
> to me.

None of these will really help in this case. Without abs_integrate, you
get no answer. With abs_integrate, you get the wrong answer. This one
will probably have to be fixed in Maxima.

But in general, I still agree with the idea in trac #12731: try the
safest integration method, and try progressively less-safe ones until
either you get an answer or run out of methods. It seems adversarial to
tell the user to do something that we can easily do for him (like
enabling abs_integrate or using sympy to do the integral).