I'm attempting to get Sage installed on the SURFsara computational cluster;
I can only assume any such variables are set by the load management system
(SLURM) that distributes jobs to batch nodes, though I'm not too familiar
with the exact inner workings of the system. As said, I have only entered
the commands above, after connecting to a login node. I'll try to get a
clean environment, to be continued... ;-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/49222e65-4774-4200-b6a3-1b2fc672b983%40googlegroups.com.