On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 2:09 PM Arnaud Chéritat
<arnaud.cheri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Installed SageMath-8.7-Installer-v0.4.3.exe on Windows 10 (64bits,
> v10.0.17134)
>
> Ran "SageMath 8.7 Notebook" (double-clicked the icon on desktop)
>
> A terminal opened, said something, closed, nothing happened.
>
> Waited a little bit.
>
> Ran "SageMath 8.7 Notebook" again.
>
> Terminal opens, speaks to me on pink background :
> /bin/bash: Exit 126.
> Failed to run '/bin/bash': No such file or directory
>
> Rebooted computer
>
> Ran "SageMath 8.7 Notebook" again.
>
> Same result.
>
> Machine : Gigabyte P55V5.
> Antivirus : Avast.
> This PC has Python 2.7 in the Path environment variable, and also Java, php,
> npm.
> There is a also a Cygwin folder but I don't think it has any impact, its path
> is not in the Path environment variable.

It sounds like a permissions issue on your computer's filesystem.  I
was able to reproduce the problem as you described it by navigating
(in explorer) to my Sage installation directory, in my case
"C:\Users\Erik M. Bray\AppData\Local\SageMath 8.7", and manually
changing the permissions on "runtime\bin\bash.exe" so that I could not
read or execute the file.  That produced the same results.

It's possible that whatever directory you installed Sage to has its
permissions inherited, possibly from a parent directory, that is
screwing up permissions on the executables in your Sage installation.

I would suggest uninstalling, checking that the ACLs (access control
lists) on the path you're installing to look sane (see e.g.
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3151045/how-to-reclaim-file-permissions-and-ownership-in-windows.html)
and reinstalling.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/CAOTD34aHWdEiNvNxzMH3zbHqo%3Dd5g7YLXcqe3ms3QR2K-2DgwA%40mail.gmail.com.