On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 8:07 AM Samuel Lelièvre
<samuel.lelie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear sage-devel,
>
> This blog post on continuous benchmarking looks interesting!
>
> https://medium.com/@wolfv/building-an-open-source-continuous-benchmark-system-717839093962
>
> There have been related discussions on this list in the past,
> for example around airspeed velocity:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/sage-devel/airspeed$20velocity%7Csort:date

I agree of course per previous discussions about it.  It would be nice
to have the infrastructure to do continuous *anything* outside the
Sage buildbots.

I've all but given up on Paris-Sud's OpenStack infrastructure.
Everything I try to do with it regarding CI (be it the Cygwin
buildbot, or gitlab runners) breaks constantly and I don't think it's
anything I'm doing wrong.  E.g. recently (within the last few weeks)
they seem to have fiddled with some firewall rules such that now it
terminates long-running TCP/IP connections.  At least, that's my
guess.  I haven't been able to investigate thoroughly yet but it's
basically causing all my CI processes to lose connections with their
master servers mid-build.

We need reliable infrastructure for Sage builds.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/CAOTD34ZS3fPN8MYAhmaDshaCYtyT-Fdu7p6tz7--Spf%2B0H77eQ%40mail.gmail.com.