On Mon, 3 Jun 2019 at 08:41, E. Madison Bray <erik.m.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, this would be a problem building OpenBLAS specifically :)
>
> I see this same problem mentioned here as well.  Maybe it will help:
> https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues/30696
>
> I'm not sure I understand the patch on that issue that mentions
> cross-compiling to a 32-bit architecture.  You're clearly not doing
> that, and you do have the NO_AVX512 macro defined.

it is first trying to build openblas for skylake architecture,
and errors out. This could indicate an old as, a.k.a. gas (GNU assembler),
which usually comes from binutils.
Do you really have a skylake CPU, so it is not a misconfiguration by
openblas?

What is your as version?

Then it tries to build for some dumb architecture, and errors out, perhaps
as this option is not tested much, and so it broken in some way.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/CAAWYfq0zb3xt1UUiNDrTtm9kagmhyr5dwUUBt3yinA6R%3DxFWfg%40mail.gmail.com.