Hello everyone --

I am trying to do the following computation ---

Suppose that h(z) is a polynomial defined over an extension of the 23-adic
integers with unit constant term h(0) and that the uniformizer divides
h(z)-h(0). "By Newton's binomial theorem", it admits a square root. I want
to be able to compute this square root.

Set aside precision issues for a moment; short of coding this by hand, are
there methods in Sage that I should be looking at? I haven't kept in touch
with the developments on Sage in the past three years and so I am not sure
what has been done.

Thank you for any pointers you might have!

                                       Best,
                                       Kannappan

---------
*Kannappan Sampath*

Department of Mathematics | University of Michigan
EH Rm 3080 | kn...@umich.edu

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/CALY4dM-iPFKE0%3Dp55_rR_%3DujDGEm1yqdFyPo3wum6kbD8jMpPA%40mail.gmail.com.