Hi,

Le vendredi 21 juin 2019 23:12:47 UTC+2, E. Madison Bray a écrit :

> Sometimes I have heard there is a conference or something for which a
> release is needed.  If that is the case someone should speak up.

Well, I have a talk on 11 July at the 22nd International Conference on
General Relativity and Gravitation
https://www.gr22amaldi13.com/
in which I shall present new (i.e. Sage 8.8 only) functionalities regarding
tensor calculus. It would be nice if 8.8 is released by then. Otherwise, I
will of course warn the audience that these features are not available yet
(in particular, they will not work in Binder demos).

Besides, if I remember correctly, the current release policy is based on a
2-month cycle and Sage 8.7 was released 3 months ago (23 March). I guess
there are many bug fixes in 8.8. The later 8.8 is released, the longer
these bugs stay exposed... That being said, I am not competent to judge the
severity of the two blockers pointed out by Vincent.

Best wishes,

Eric.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/59d27243-5faf-4bb9-bce3-656312d32a3c%40googlegroups.com.