Le samedi 6 juillet 2019 00:56:40 UTC+2, Jerry James a écrit :

> Greetings,
>
> I help out with maintaining the sagemath package and many of its
> dependencies for the Fedora Linux distribution.  While performing
> maintenance activities, I have produced a handful of patches that I would
> like to submit to you.
>
> I found http://www.sagemath.org/development.html.  The 2nd and 3rd
> bullets in the list ("SageMath FAQ" and "How to contribute to SageMath",
> respectively) go to the same place.  That's because the 3rd bullet points
> to the first entry on the page pointed to by the 2nd bullet.  I found this
> distinction more confusing than helpful.  (My reaction on clicking the 3rd
> link was, "Wait, I just read this page!  Did I accidentally click on the
> 2nd bullet again?".  Click on the back button.  Click on the 3rd bullet
> again.  No, same place.  Let's look at the URLs.  Ohhhh.)  I recommend you
> eliminate one of the two.
>
> I started working my way through the Sage Developer's Guide.  Near the
> top, under the bullet named "Git (revision control)", is a link to
> http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/developer/walk_through.html#chapter-walkthrough
>
> named "Here is an overview of our development flow".  The third paragraph
> on the linked page says, "You can alternatively fork and create a pull
> request at github which will automatically fetch your code and open a
> ticket on our trac server."  Oh, that's great!  So I went to
> https://github.com/sagemath/sage, where at the top it clearly says,
> "Mirror of the Sage source tree -- please do not submit PRs here --
> everything must be submitted via https://trac.sagemath.org/";.  Wait, that
> contradicts what I just read in the walkthrough, doesn't it?  Did I fail to
> understand something?
>
> I ignored the part about pull requests and worked my way through the rest
> of the guide.  I filed trivial ticket 28124 just to make sure I understand
> the workflow before moving on.  It would be great if the bit about pull
> requests could be clarified, though.  If that really works, that would make
> submitting patches much simpler for me.
>
> Thanks for making such a great piece of software.
> -- Jerry James

Dear Jerry,

thanks for reporting. We should make the change you suggest.

At some point we had a bot that transformed pull requests
on the SageMath repo at *GitHub* into Sage Trac tickets but
the code for this bot was lost at some point.

Instead we now have a bot that transforms merge requests
on the SageMath repo at *GitLab* into Sage Trac tickets:

    https://gitlab.com/sagemath/sage

The process is the same as with GitHub, the only difference
being that GitLab calls "merge request" what GitHub calls
"pull request". Fork the repository, make changes on your fork,
create a merge request.

We should update the documentation to reflect that.

Samuel

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/3fa625d1-a855-4bb4-b222-9840311a46ec%40googlegroups.com.