On 8/5/19 11:14 AM, Vincent Delecroix wrote:
> http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/reference/categories/sage/categories/algebras.html
>
> Le 05/08/2019 à 17:14, Vincent Delecroix a écrit :
>> Though I think that associative is an assumption of algebras.
>> Indeed, from the documentation
>>
>> """
>> The category of associative and unital algebras over a given
>> base ring.
>> """

Algebras() is supposed to be deprecated in favor of MagmaticAlgebras()
that aren't necessarily associative... but that just brings me back to:

    sage: J.category().super_categories()
    [Category of algebras with basis over Rational Field,
     Category of finite dimensional magmatic algebras with basis
     over Rational Field]

I guess FiniteDimensionalAlgebrasWithBasis has both the old Algebras()
and the new MagmaticAlgebras() as supercategories? That would explain
why I'm seeing associativity and rings everywhere.