On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 2:04 PM Ben Salisbury <bsalisbu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I had left for the day when these messages came in yesterday.  Given
> the output of the otool - L /Users/salis1bt/sage-git/local/bin/gfortran,
> should I still do those brew installs?

The output of otool -L looks OK, but I really don't understand the
error you got there, it looks as if some system library  got updated,
breaking
already built  Sage components, or perhaps one of  dependencies in
that call did not link correctly, and the error stems from it.

what are the outputs of

    otool -L  /Users/salis1bt/sage-git/local/lib/libX.dylib

for X being  in [dfftpack fftpack gfortran] ?

Regarding Homebrew: if you are a regular Homebrew user, then yes, by
all means, this would speed things up for everyone
if you used  as many packages from Homebrew as possible...
(you probably would need to start the build from scratch after installing them)