> However, someone who knows about git (i.e., not I) should report the bug
> that git allows deletion of a branch that is checked out in another
> worktree.

I don't see that bug. This is what happens when I try that:  (* denotes the
branch on the worktree I am currently on; + denotes branch checked out on
other worktrees)

Hera:sage-dev$ g branch
  develop
  master
* picklable-trac28096
+ research-base
  ..
+ temp
  trace-trac9704
Hera:sage-dev$ g branch -d temp
error: Cannot delete branch 'temp' checked out at
'/Users/kwankyu/GitHub/temp'
Hera:sage-dev$ g branch -d research-base
error: Cannot delete branch 'research-base' checked out at
'/Users/kwankyu/GitHub/sage'
Hera:sage-dev$ g version
git version 2.23.0