On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 1:42 AM S. Diop <setted...@gmail.com> wrote:

> config.log is attached. But I did not find any logs/pkgs/readline*.log in my
> sage 8.9 install directory.

there is a conflict with Anaconda installation, which provides readline.
In the beginning of your config.log one sees
PATH: /anaconda3/bin
PATH: /anaconda3/condabin
(one also sees things like -L/anaconda3/lib etc in your log...)

Are you building with active conda ? No?
Could you remove /anaconda3/* from your PATH before building Sage?