On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 9:51 PM 'Bill Hart' via sage-devel
<sage-devel@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> On Friday, 18 October 2019 15:21:05 UTC+2, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> well, Sage's functionality for modules over polynomial rings is quite
>> limited.
>> It assumes that a submodule of a free module is free.
>

> In what way does it assume this? There are limitations, but I'm not so sure I
> would summarise them like this.

I am talking about Sage, not Singular. Singular's functionality to
work with modules over polynomial rings is not exposed in Sage at all.

In Sage every (sub)module comes with a basis. This works only for
modules over PIDs, if I recall
correctly.