Hi,

Le lundi 28 octobre 2019 23:02:23 UTC+1, John H Palmieri a écrit :

> *Experimental:*
>
> - the following failed to build:
>
> autotools
> cocoalib
> libtheora
> polymake
> qepcad
> scipoptsuite
> surf
> valgrind
>
> - the following succeeded:
>
> gap3
> lie
> modular_decomposition
> perl_term_readline_gnu
>
> polymake succeeded but only after installing the perl JSON package. (Why
> is jupymake optional and polymake experimental? jupymake has polymake as a
> dependency, and optional packages should not depend on experimental
> packages.)

This problem should be addressed here:
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/27763 .

I do not know how jupymake ended up being optional while it depends on an
experimental package. Nevertheless, I know that there was the idea of
making polymake optional now that it has a more stable installation and
portability.

See the ticket: https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/22710 for more information
about the development of polymake package and interface.