Hi all,

A follow up: I ran

$ git clone https://github.com/sagemath/binary-pkg.git
$ cd binary-pkg
$ make bdist-sage-linux
$ cd ..
$ unp binary-pkg/dist/sage-9.0.beta6-Debian_GNU_Linux_9-x86_64.tar.bz2
$ cd SageMath
$ ./sage

(watch the patching going on)

sage: from fpylll import *
sage: BKZ.DEFAULT_STRATEGY_PATH
b'/bulk/home/malb/software/SageMath/local/share/fplll/strategie'
print(load_strategies_json(b"/home/malb/projects/lattices/fplll/strategies/default.json")[60])
Strategy< 60, (40), 0.29-0.50>

So the patching thing does seem to work when I do it locally.

Cheers,
Martin

--

_pgp: https://keybase.io/martinralbrecht