Hi Samuel,

Coincidentally I just commented on this problem in another ticket, and
then I saw this post.  I'm going to see if I can get my Cygwin
patchbot up and running again.  But it would be helpful to have
another.

Thanks for putting out the call.  If anyone wants to try there are
instructions for building Sage on Cygwin at
https://trac.sagemath.org/wiki/Cygwin64Port (which I've recently
updated with a simplified checklist of instructions; if you try it out
please let me know if you run into any trouble with the instructions).