Dear all,

currently the sparse graph backend keeps a reversed copy of the graph.

However, the SparseGraph itself does not have access to it and thus the
reversed structure should be moved there for obvious optimizations. See
#28904 <https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/28904>.

As the sparse graph backend is the only backend actually using the reversed
structure, it would make sense to remove this.

However, it is very well possible that people use the unsafe methods of
SparseGraph directly and code will break.
E.g. in graphs/trees.py the undirected trees are generated by manually
adding an arc in each direction.

I think, if we remove the reversed graph attribute in CGraph altogether,
people are more likely to catch on that something changed.
But in an undirected graph it can very well happen that they add two edges
instead of one (as they used to add one arc for each direction).

Any thoughts?

Jonathan