Maybe you want

sage: T(S.flattening_morphism()(f))
a*x + b*x + a*y + b*y

Le 14/01/2020 à 08:22, Travis Scrimshaw a écrit :
Hi everyone,
    I wanted to know if this is a deliberate behavior or a bug:

sage: R.<x,y> = ZZ[]
sage: S.<a,b> = R[]
sage: T = ZZ['a,b,x,y']
sage: f = (x+y)*(a+b)
sage: T(f)
TypeError: not a constant polynomial

I understand that there should not be a coercion from S to T, but I feel
like we should be able to have conversions (anytime the variables of S are
a subset of those of T). I have a vague recollection that this used to
work, but I wouldn't know the last version I tried to do this. What do you
think?

Thanks,
Travis