Hi!

I prefer reading all SageMath-related groups with slrn, via news.gmane.org.
However, since a few days, I always get this:
king@klap:~$ slrn
slrn 1.0.2

Reading startup file /etc/news/slrn.rc.
Reading startup file /home/king/.slrnrc.
fully-qualified host name.
            slrn will not generate any Message-IDs.
            Please note that the "hostname" setting does not affect this;
            see the "slrn reference manual" for details.

Using newsrc file /home/king/.jnewsrc for server news.gmane.org.
Connecting to host news.gmane.org ...
Unable to make connection. Giving up.

Run-Time Error
slrn fatal error:
Failed to initialize server.

Do you happen to know whether I can solve that problem on my end? Or
whether the list administrator can do something about it? Or is
news.gmane.org simply dead?

Best regards,
Simon