Why would you want to remove Brew---unless you enjoy building gfortran
and gmp from source ? :-)

I'd rather suggest we make an effort to create and use as many Brew
packages (perhaps from our own) Brew (formulae) repo.
I've just transferred the repo with few Brew formulae I wrote to sagemath org:

https://github.com/sagemath/homebrew-science

It's really not hard to create/tweak these formulae, in fact...

Cheers
Dima