I’ll claim responsibility for the name change request!

More seriously, after reading this and thinking a little bit I would
really prefer if it was merged in sage/libs. The alternative means that
we have a  true circular dependency sage <-> giacpy_sage and things
will start to get wild as soon as you want to build the docs.
sage the distro probably can shrug it off but us in linux distros will
go seriously banana about it.

François