On 2020-02-21, Simon King <simon.k...@uni-jena.de> wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> On 2020-02-21, Emmanuel Charpentier <emanuel.charpent...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> sage: latex(λ^2)
>> λ^{2}
>
> Couldn't we modify the latex() function, by exploiting
> IPython.core.completer.reverse_latex_symbol, to automatically translate
> all unicode symbols that aren't understood by pdflatex?

Such as:
 sage: import IPython
 sage: from IPython.core.completer import reverse_latex_symbol
 sage: def replfunc(match):
 ....:     return reverse_latex_symbol[match.group(0)]
 ....:
 sage: import re
 sage: regex = re.compile('|'.join(re.escape(x) for x in reverse_latex_symbol))
 sage: f(λ) = sin(λ)
 sage: latex(f)
 λ \ {\mapsto}\ \sin\left(λ\right)
 sage: print(regex.sub(replfunc,latex(f)))
 \lambda \ {\mapsto}\ \sin\left(\lambda\right)

Best regards,
Simon